Soap Making Classes
Want to learn how to make soap from scratch?
Well, you can… Book your class now! 828-837-2727. Since I keep the class size to a sweet 6, you can image the classes fill rather quickly. Classes are about 3 hours long and the cost is $59.00. You can reserve your spot with a $20 deposit.
Here is the exciting low down on what you’ll do in our BMe SoapMaking Class:
- Brief history and basic chemistry of soap making
- Necessary materials, supplies and equipment
- Safety considerations when working with sodium hydroxide
- Taking accurate measurements & proper mixing temperatures
- Coloring soap naturally with herbs, spices & clays
- Using pure essential oils to scent your soap naturally
- Preparing your molds and molding options
- Insulating, cutting, curing and storing your finished soap
- Decorating and packaging to impress
The cold process method of SoapMaking relies almost exclusively on the heat generated by saponification (the chemical reaction of fatty acids and alkali to produce soap). No external heat is applied once the ingredients have been mixed. Although it may seem complicated when you are first starting out, making your own soap from scratch (the way some of our grandparents did) using all-natural ingredients can be both fun and rewarding ~ not to mention extremely addicting!
Feel free to call or e-mail to let us know of your plans to visit Murphy.
828 837 2727
[horizontal_line style=”5″ margin_top=”10″ margin_bottom=”10″]