My Tools to Save Money and Feel Great
Hey Do-It-Yourselfer’s! I love doing it myself… well, sometimes!
I launched my business 16 years ago in a hand-built, little ol’ shed making all my own body care. I went from that little box (which was 5 feet by 8 feet I believe) to a building just under 3000 square feet in size. But no matter where I’ve worked, I’ve always loved making natural products, and I soon discovered that many of my clients do too!
Best of all, DIY-body care and drinks are healthier, and often much, much cheaper than getting store-bought stuff. And they’re fun and easy!
What we all have in common is a kitchen, so if you want to get to mixing and making yourself, it’s easier than you think. Here are a few of my fave do-it-yourself body care recipes!
BMe: Free Body Care
From Me To You: Free Body Care.
- BMe Rosemary Mint Soap: FREE
- BMe Energizer Body Mist: FREE
Limit 1 per customer
Shipping: $7.00 Flat RateAdd to Cart
Rachel’s Favorite Morning Drink
This drink goes down super easy and is full of health-boosting veggies and whole food ingredients! Tip: use spinach instead of the broccoli if you don’t have a Vitamix blender and you prefer a smoother texture.
- 1 cucumber
- 2-3 stalks of celery
- 2 dates
- 1 pear
- 1 big, big fistful of kale (or spinach or romaine). Nutrient-rich kale is my fave!
- 2 stems of broccoli
- 1 tsp. Maca Root powder (boosts energy and balances hormones)
- 1 tsp MaquI Berry powder (this major anti-oxidant- supports healthy skin, hair and nails and protects against cancer!)
Add water to desired texture and blend!
“Power It Up Now” Drink
- 1 avocado (or big spoonful of nut butters—almond, cashew, sunflower, or your preference)
- 1 cucumber
- 2 peaches, bananas or pears
- 1 big fitful of kale
- 1 date (or 2 dates for extra sweetness)
- 2 tsp. Cacao Powder (for chocolaty taste, gives energy and massive nutrients)
- 1 tsp. Maca Powder (I don’t go a day without this one…it balances hormones and I love that!)
Add in water or coconut water to desired texture
My Favorite Easy-Greasy Toothpaste
- 10 tsp. coconut oil
- 10 tsp. baking soda
- 25 drops Essential Oil—I prefer good ol’ peppermint or tea tree to kill the germies
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix away! If you have a stick (immersion) blender, use that.
- Store in Mason jar and call it a day!
The coconut oil is a very anti-bacterial, the baking soda is an abrasive and a bit of Essential Oil can help kill germs too. Plus, it will also make your mouth super fresh… ready for kissin’! This formula is super inexpensive, easy to make and actually works! I’ve used it for years.
Kill the germs without killing yourself spray! Hand sanitizers are on the rise. The problemo is that there’s soooo many harmful ingredients in the sprays, that they are killing off good germs (such as bacteria) as much as blasting the bad ones.
That’s not cool: it makes it harder for your skin to keep the bad germs in check. In other words, it’s kinda like getting “too sterilized:” when you sanitize away both the good and the bad, you have no “good bacteria” to work for you any longer.
So instead, I use a natural cleanser. Check out how easy this recipe is.
2 oz. water
25 drops Essential Oil- I recommend Tea Tree and Lavender equal parts.
Lavender and Tea Tree are gonna cover your bases to be anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral. And they smell great!
So there you go… four natural ways to invigorate your body and save your money. Who doesn’t want that?