About Rachel Elise
Most every day someone asks me, “How do you stay SO healthy?”
Well let me tell you – it’s certainly not from a healthy start in life!
Growing up in New Orleans, I ate pop tarts, strudels and Captain Crunch for breakfast. Fast food? Twice daily! Dr. Pepper? My liquid of choice. Water was… well, the stuff I bathed in.
Like most mothers, my mom did her best – and supplied me with Dove soap, Vaseline, and the best of Clinique to Mary Kay. The house was doused with bleach and Lysol.
My private all-girl Catholic school was a noxious combo of massive pressure with high expectations. I barely slept and chronically burned the candle on both ends.
I never felt good enough – neither the smartest girl, or the prettiest. I felt alone and yearned to fit in.
My body paid the price:
- hyperglycemia at 12
(low blood sugar)
- massive arthritis by 14
(that was painful!)
- depression set in at 15
- a dozen ovarian cysts by 17
- colon cancer by 19
(I know, crazy).
By then, I was lucky to have one bowel movement every 2 weeks. (Hope that’s not too much information!) Yeah… I was a mess. Sick. And depressed. I was hard on myself, had no one to turn to and didn’t know any other way of life.
A massive car wreck that almost took my life shook me onto a path that utterly transformed my life.
As I lay in the hospital feeling broken, dazed and hurting, I knew I needed help.
In a vision, my wise old neighbor and alternative healing guru, Jimbo, appeared before me as I replayed scenes of sitting on his porch, eating weird looking healthy food, talking about medicinal herbs, how many stars were in the sky, and about all things spiritual for hours…
Desperate, pissed that I hadn’t died and escaped from my pain-filled body and with no other options, I bought a one-way plane ticket with his blessing and headed to the mountains of North Carolina where he took me in and supported my quest to find and heal myself.
With Jimbo’s help, I ditched sodas and fast foods overnight. I started to eat more beans and salads and actually drank water! Immediately, I felt massively better, but knew I had more to go. Yet now, I was a bit more excited about it.
After switching to natural body care products, my crazy dry and itchy red skin changed that very week.
I was appalled to discover that I had been slathering the carcinogens found in most commercial body care products all over my body… while I was fighting cancer.
My health rebounded…
I started eating healthier, using natural products in my home and on my body, improving my posture and making the connection between my thoughts, actions and conversations.
Amazed at how I felt with these relatively simple changes, I dove into herbal school to learn which herbal tinctures could heal me and what plants I could use for hygiene AND beauty. And I ate up the info that came alongside my multiple yoga certifications as my body grew disease-free and more strong.
What started out as a hobby for myself in 1999, turned into making products for my friends and neighbors in exchange for a few bucks (my serious hobby), then turned my full time BodyCare product business and yoga studio, Blue Moon Elise.
I wanted the WORLD to have access to more clean, safe and effective BodyCare.
My life was definitely looking up!
Another car wreck.
I couldn’t raise my right arm or look to the right.
I contemplated closing my yoga studio. After all, how could I help people with yoga if I couldn’t help myself? I felt like a fraud.
Secretly, I began taking painkillers to get through my day. I was depressed… again…. This felt oh-too familiar.
As a last ditch effort after trying everything, I reluctantly went to an Anusara Yoga neck and shoulders workshop that I was convinced wouldn’t help me the week I was planning on closing my studio. With little faith, I tried out the techniques.
In 2 weeks, I was 80% PAIN-FREE!
Now I use my 4-year Anusara training to help thousands of folks cure their chronic pain – balancing strength with flexibility, which is the foundation of healthy living
My car wreck was a blessing in disguise. (I guess I took one for the team!
As you can see, it’s possible to change your life little by little and have drastic results.
I did it. So can you.
Now, I use 10 Healthy Habits to educate and guide people like you on your journey so you have a simple, easy & effective step-by-step plan to feel:
- Rested and energized every day.
- Strong, agile AND flexible.
- Nourished by the food you eat.
- Hydrated all over – skin, lips and body.
- A calm, grounded mind – and nervous system.
Being healthy doesn’t have to be hard, in fact, it can be crazy fun and easy.
By blending small steps, with scientific evidence, you’ll have fast successes that make you crave healthy living (I know, I never thought it could be true!).
Just imagine creating a new normal like I did – without all the drama and hardship!
What I know for sure is:
- Making easy, quick changes in your life can have MASSIVE results. Heck even making 1 or 2 of them will have you feeling more energized, more fit and a sense of deep self worth. (I’m living proof!)
- Eating lighter and earlier enables your body to digest your food before you go to sleep which means you’ll feel better AND lose weight faster. Pretty cool, huh?
- It’s not just what you eat that makes up your health, it’s what you digest and assimilate. Your digestive system is where your immune system lives. Your immunity = the quality of YOUR Life. So with the right (good!) bacteria in your gut, you can say goodbye to eczema, acne, bloating and gas along with head fogginess.
- Your thoughts make a major impact on your life. They become your words, actions and situations around you. Happy thoughts + feelings = happy life.
- Meditation makes you aware of your stinkin’ thinkin’ and can ELIMINATE anxiety and transform it into what YOU DO ACTUALLY CHOOSE to be, so you can enjoy your life in the present.
- Most definitely toxic body care is NOT the way to have long, lasting, healthy skin. Say no to dry itchiness and petroleum filled products and say yes to luxurious beautiful skin. Natural body care gives you loads better results!
- Yoga misalignment leads to injuries. Period. Aligned yoga can HEAL and REVERSE chronic pain and injuries. Discovering how to sit and stand properly can diminish and even eliminate all lower back pain.
- You don’t have to be born healthy. You can fall off the health wagon a million times. And yet there’s no time like the present to start creating healthy habits, healthy skin and a healthy body in your life.
Like me, you’ll be able to run a business – even if you are a mom, or are going through a divorce (yep, me too!), or have personal challenges or WHATEVER life throws your way – with energy and vibrant health.
You can heal from the ailments you’re struggling with – I sure did.
Your eyes can regain their sparkle, your skin can clear up, heck – your body can feel even better than it did a decade ago. Every day I’m grateful that I’m stronger and more flexible in my body, relationships and life now than I was at 20!
Your home can be an oasis of health. I’ll let you peek into mine – with organic chickens in the yard, fermenting kefir on my kitchen counter, a yoga cushion on the deck and I’ll share the essential oils that I use daily.
Who knows? If you have kiddos, one day you might find them on their own yoga mat asking for “probiotic time.” My lil’ boy does when he wants his kraut!
So, if you connect with my story and are ready to:
- get your health back,
- lose that weight that doesn’t seem to be able to come off,
- clear up your skin and
- start sleeping and exercising in a way that increases your energy and improves your life,
And then grab a complimentary 20-minute session with me.
Click Here to schedule.
Healthy doesn’t have to be hard. I’m here to help.